Shaoshi Yang received the B.Eng. degree in Information Engineering from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) , Beijing, China in 2006, and the Ph.D. degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering from University of Southampton , U.K. in 2013. From 2008 to 2009, he was involved in the mobile WiMAX (802.16m) standardization research with Intel Labs China. From 2013 to 2016, he was a Research Fellow with the School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, U.K. From 2016 to 2018, he was a Principal Engineer with Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., where he led the company’s research efforts in wireless video/VR/AR transmission. Currently, he is a Full Professor at BUPT. His research expertise include massive multiple-input--multiple output (MIMO) signal processing, distributed MIMO signal processing, heterogeneous networks, millimeter-wave communications, energy-efficient communications, holistic interference management, as well as wireless video/VR/AR for 5G and beyond. He received the Dean’s Award for Early Career Research Excellence from the University of Southampton in 2015, the Huawei President Award of Wireless Innovations in 2018, the IEEE Technical Committee on Green Communications & Computing (TCGCC) Best Journal Paper Award in 2019, and the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) Best Survey Paper in 2020. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, and a member of Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge University, U.K. He is an Editor for IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, an Editor for Signal Processing (Elsevier), and an Editor for IEEE Systems Journal. He was also a Guest Associate Editor for IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. and an Invited International Reviewer for research proposals submitted to the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
- PhD: Electronics and Electrical Engineering, University of Southampton, UK, Nov. 2009 - Oct. 2013.
- BEng: Information Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China, Sept. 2002 - Jul. 2006.
- Nov. 2018 - present, Professor, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China.
- Nov. 2016 - Oct. 2018, Principal Engineer, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., China.
- Oct. 2013 - Nov. 2016, Research Fellow, Next Generation Wireless Research Group, School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK.
- Nov. 2008 - Feb. 2009, Research Intern at the Communications Technology Lab (CTL), Intel Labs China, Beijing, China, working on uplink Channel Quality Indicator Channel (CQICH) design for IEEE 802.16m (WiMAX) standardization.
- Post-Doc, Research Assistant, and Visiting Students positions are available. If you are interested, please contact me for more details.